WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT GIVING…
WE ENCOURAGE GIVING AS AN ACT OF WORSHIP.
- It focuses our hearts on our true treasure which is Christ (Matthew 6:21)
- It is an acknowledgement that God is the owner of everything. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It turns our focus from the idolatry of money to serving God (Luke 16:11-13)
- It is an expression of our love for God and our devotion to Him.
- It is born out of our free response to all He has done for us, not out of guilt or duty.(II Corinthians 9:7)
God influences the world through his people. He gives TO us so He can give THROUGH us. The Bible tells us that everything we have is a gift from God(1 Chronicles 29:14). As you give both faithfully and willingly, the world is changed for the glory of God: the gospel is preached, lives are touched, people are fed, bodies are healed, churches are built; and you, in turn, are blessed by God so that you can give again.