The KCOG Food Bank is an extension of The Food Bank of Waterloo Region and has been in operation since 2000. It is run by volunteers of the Kitchener Church of God community.
The Food Bank operates on Fridays, from 12:00 Noon – 3:45 p.m. and serves both members of the church and the community in need.
We distribute on average 367 hampers per month.
All food is donated; we are always in need of the public’s help to meet the demand.
Here are some ways in which you can help
- Drop off non-perishable food.
- Cash donations are accepted in person or online.
- Please consider volunteering your time; we could always use your help in food distribution.
Here’s a list of the most needed items:
- Proteins: Canned soup, tuna, meat, peanut butter, nuts, stews, milk, beans.
- Canned fruits and vegetables including juices and dried fruit and tomato sauce.
- Carbohydrates: Nutritious breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, boxed macaroni & cheese, bread.
- Crackers, granola bars, cheese & cracker packages.
- Baby food, diapers.
- Powdered milk.
- Spaghetti sauce.
- Peanut butter, jam, honey.
And much more...
Please watch for expiration dates. Food items “use by” or “best if sold by” date should not be over six months old. No glass jars of baby food please. Boxed cereals and formula are accepted if they are unopened and within date code.